Battling Sensitive Teeth in the Winter
We are on the verge of the holidays and winter is in full swing. This can be a hard time for anyone who suffers from sensitive teeth considering that hot drinks and cold air don’t go hand in hand. Even taking a short breath of cold weather can hurt! For this reason, we’ve come up with some tips on how to battle sensitive teeth during this wonderful time of year:
- Cut down on acidic foods: The acids will eat at your tooth enamel which in turn causes sensitivity.
- Speak to your dentist about brushing techniques: Even brushing too hard can cause sensitivity so make sure you are using the right amount of pressure and the correct technique.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Having excellent oral care habits is not enough. You need to visit a dentist regularly in order to have a cleaning and check up.
- Drink water: To have good oral health, you must stay hydrated. Winter months are cold and dry which will dry your skin as well, so drink up!
- Use toothpaste that is made for sensitive teeth: Ingredients in this toothpaste will help alleviate pain and will protect your teeth. If you don’t have toothpaste for sensitive teeth, please stop by and we will give you one.
Causes of having sensitive teeth include acid erosion, gum disease, toothbrush abrasion and more. There are ways to treat it, so speak to your dentist.